Friday, August 23, 2024

Beer Parlour Project - BP 15.0 Fife Lake Hotel

This is the last of the recently processed negatives from the Beer Parlour Project.  This batch was Ilford HP5+, rated at 1600 iso and developed in 510 Pyro, 1:100 for 30:00 minutes at 24C.
These four locals were in the Fife Lake Hotel tavern, enjoying steaks from the steak pit, and watching the Oilers in the Stanley Cup final.  I shot this on back on June 18th, at about 8:00 in the evening.  This is Clay, Lou, Luree and Mark... not sure of the proper spelling...?
I shot this with my Ebony view camera and Nikkor 150mm lens.  The exposure was F10.0 and a shutter speed of 1/2 second.  I have made it a habit of explaining that my old school film camera is very slow, and that subjects really need to hold still for me.  All but the totally intoxicated seem to be able to oblige.  I count down 3-2-1 to give the subjects some warning before tripping the shutter.  Sometimes I hesitate a little if it looks like someone is going to crack a smile.  Mostly it has been working pretty well.



No comments:

Post a Comment