Friday, February 3, 2023

Changeover

I had three new prints ready to go for Mimi's pub, and on January 27th I put them up.  There are a total of five large prints on display.  Two of the existing ones will remain until the next changeover, and these three new ones were added.  I picked up a couple of the existing framed prints on the evening of January 26th and brought them home.  The next morning I took those frames apart, removed the previously displayed work, and installed the new prints.  Around lunch time I took the first two back and hung them up.  At that point I picked up the third one and brought it home.  That was quickly changed over to a new print and an hour or two later I returned and hung it up.
My print of the Spirit Tree in Dinosaur Provincial Park, taken way back in 1997 remains on display though it was relocated from a spot around the corner to the center of the main wall.  My print of the Sunflower Field near Warwick, taken in 2011 was moved from the main wall to the back corner.  The three new prints include a shot of some trees covered with Hoar Frost, taken at Strawberry Creek Ravine in 2017.  This one is now by itself on the side wall, where the Spirit Tree used to be.  The other two prints are in portrait orientation.  One is a shot of Tangle Falls in Jasper National Park, taken in 2020.  The other is a shot of Willow Creek, near East Coulee, taken in 2016.  These are now on the main wall, on either side of the Spirit Tree.
My prints have been on display at Mimi's pub since they opened about five years ago.  I am very grateful to the owners Shanaz and her brother Al, who allow me to show here.  Originally it was my intention to change them out every three or four months.  That happened at the beginning, but then Covid hit and nothing was changed for three years.  Now that things are returning to normal it is time to get back on track.  By about May or so I will look to remove the Spirit Tree and Sunflowers prints and replace them with new work.  At that point the others will also be moved around.  This should provide a fresh look for the pub, and allow me continued exposure for my work.  Then the process will be repeated again, around August or so.










No comments: