Thursday, February 9, 2023

Third Cabinet

It was really warm out at Nordegg on Friday February 3rd.  The temperature peaked at about 4:00 in the afternoon at +8C.  The snow that we got a few days ago has settled a lot, and is now getting very wet.
I spent the afternoon over in the guest cottage, working on the third cabinet.
The first thing I did was flush trim the plastic laminate that I glued on the day prior.  This was the large section for the floor, and two small intermediate shelves.  Then I cut up all the rest of the plywood pieces, and got a coat of primer on all of them.  In between, while waiting for the primer to dry, I sanded out the filler that I had put on the hardwood facing of cabinet two.  This material also got a coat of primer, and then later a first coat of blue paint.  Late in the afternoon a got the dadoes cut into the floor panel before shutting things down for the day.
On Friday evening Margarit and Hank came out to join me for the weekend.  The three young ladies decided to stay behind in the city.... again.  I had a prime rib roast in the oven and on the go when Margarit arrived.  I also had mashed potatoes, gravy, yorkshire pudding and some salad.  We enjoyed a nice dinner together after she arrived.
On Saturday we just spent a relaxing day together in the cottage, and I didn't do any work.  We had Hank out for a short walk, and then just hung around reading and getting supper prepared.  I made us some baked potatoes, hot wings and T-bone Steaks for dinner.  Later in the evening we got a fire going in the stove and just stayed in.  I didn't bother going to town to play in the outside hockey game.
On Sunday, Margarit packed up and headed back to the city.  The girls were having some issues and demanded her attention.  After she left, I went back to work in the guest cottage.  It was yet another really warm day, and the temperature peaked at about +7.  Seems the recent snow that we got will be very short lived.  
I got all the rabbets and dadoes cut into the panels for the third cabinet.  Then I got all of the interior exposed surfaces finished with two coats of paint.  The next time that I go back to work on this, I will commence assembly of the third cabinet.





No comments: