Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Dormer House

This is a scan of another of my 8x10 negatives from 2021.  I tested my scanner the other day, after getting my computer upgraded.  I took this shot in early May of 2021, while I was out with some Monochrome Guild colleagues shooting for the Coal in Alberta project.  This old house is well known among photographers and is not far from the Power Generating plant on the Battle River.  At the time that we were visiting the plant was in the final stages of being switched over from coal to natural gas.  The mines in the area are all now abandoned.
I shot this with my Chamonix 8x10 view camera and a Fujinon 450mm lens.  A red filter was used to create some separation between the sky and clouds, and to increase contrast.  I shot this on Ilford HP5 film, developed in Kodak D-76 developer.  
I'm not a huge fan of the tonal range that this film and developer combination yields and have since switched to processing my HP5 in 510 Pyro, and have been getting better results.
Obviously this one has been cropped to panoramic proportions.....



No comments: