Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Back in the City

I returned to the city on Wednesday February 8th... somewhat reluctantly.  That evening I attended a meeting with some of the gang from the Monochrome Guild.  We met at a local pub and discussed putting together a gallery submission.
The rest of the week was insanely busy.  I was catching up on a bunch of chores around the house.  Margarit's SUV blew a power steering hose, so she was unable to drive it until we got it repaired.  During that time, we had to share my truck for all the errands.
I had my desktop computer serviced and upgraded to Windows 10 while I was away at Nordegg.  Of course, once I got it back and reconnected it to all my stuff, it was not functioning properly.  It would no longer recognize my older keyboard, or one of my printers.  I was forced to buy a new keyboard, but luckily found a decent one on sale for 20 bucks.  My printer is still not working, despite upgrading the driver.  I'm not sure if it will ever work again and I'm hoping that I am not forced to buy a new one.  This has sure made for a frustrating couple of days dealing with everything.
On Saturday night the Renegades played a hockey game at Argyll Arena verses the Patriots.  These guys got moved up into the higher division at the same time that the Renegades did.  We played them twice before, both times in the lower division, and both times we lost.  This time we jumped out to an 8-0 lead before finally giving up a couple of goals.  We coasted to an easy 11-4 victory, which seems very out of character for this team.
On Monday and Tuesday I went to work in the darkroom and started making some prints for the Apparitions project.  We don't have any confirmed exhibitions yet, but there will be a lot of prints to make and I wanted to get started on it.  I made some unsharp masks of five negatives and then set about printing all of them.  I'm quite happy with the way they turned out, and presently have them cleared, toned and in the washer.







No comments: