Thursday, February 16, 2023

Aspen Glade

I finally got my computer up and running again on February 15th.  My friend Mike, the IT guy, helped me with the upgrade.  He also managed to find some driver software to allow my old printer to function.  Everything seems to be working now.  
I decided it would be wise to run a test and make sure that my old Microtek scanner, and my CD burner are also functioning properly.  I use my newer Epson V700 scanner for 4x5 sheet film and medium format negatives.  But the old Microtek works way better for 8" x 10" negatives.  So I tested it by scanning a couple, including this one.
This shot was taken back in May of 2021 when I was out on a day trip with some of the Monochrome Guild gang.  We were exploring the coal strip mines down around Forestburg for our Coal in Alberta project.  We came across this roadside glade of aspen trees and the blustery spring sky just made for a really moody image.  I shot this on Ilford HP5 film, developed in Kodak D-76, with a wide angle 240mm Nikkor lens.



No comments: