Thursday, February 2, 2023

Sunday Drive

When I got up in the morning on January 22nd there was a couple of inches of fresh snow.  It made everything look really clean and refreshed after living with the old, dirty, crusty snow for the last few weeks.  By around noon the clouds lifted and sun came out.  The temperature was just a couple of degrees below freezing, but once the sun came out it felt warmer than that.  With the work in the cottage taken as far as I can go, I took Sunday off.  I made a run over to the dump and dropped off a couple of bags of garbage.  Then I headed for a drive down the Trunk Road.  I got about 15km north before eventually turning around.  There was slightly more snow as I got further north and higher up.  I stopped at a couple of places along the way and took some photographs.  
For the first time in years I also took out my Russian panoramic camera.  This one uses 35mm film and has a rotating lens.  The resulting negatives are about double the width of a standard 35mm frame.  So I played around with that a little too.  Later I drove south of the highway on the truck road, as far as the industrial park.  I saw a couple of wild horses here, but they were too skittish and wandered off before I could set up the big camera.  I shot a landscape here, and then made a final stop near the cottage along Shunda Creek and shot again.
By this time it was getting to be late afternoon so I just tidied up around the cottage, and then dug out the BBQ.  I made a nice steak for dinner... the first one I've had this year I think....  In the evening I watched some TV for a bit and then continued cleaning up.  I did the dishes and got stuff organized for an earlyish departure on Monday morning.







No comments: