Thursday, July 8, 2021

Trout Pond

On the evening of July 3rd, I headed over to the nearby trout pond with my brother-in-law Shawn and my nephew Garrett.  I had a fly rod, and the two of them had spinning rods.  There were two other groups there fishing as well.  The fish were rising all over the place, so it looked as though it would be a successful evening.  
But, the fish weren't taking my fly, nor were they going for any of the lures the guys tried.  The two other groups, that were fishing across from us, weren't getting anything either.  Eventually I found that once my fly got wet and sunk under the surface a little, the trout would hit at it.  I ended up landing a small rainbow trout, which came home with us and hit the BBQ later that evening, and Anna quite enjoyed it.
The day had been a much more pleasant one.  The daytime high peaked up around +25C, and was nowhere near the stifling highs we had seen the past week.  A couple of showers rolled through off and on and helped to reduce the extreme dryness a bit.  I drove the girls down to nearby Fish Lake in the afternoon for a little swimming.  Margarit and Shawn and Garrett took a drive in to Rocky Mountain House in the afternoon to pick up a few supplies.








No comments: