Saturday, July 24, 2021

Blasting Home

On Wednesday July 21st I blasted home to the city.  Anna decided to stay out at the cottage by herself.  The Renegades had a hockey game on Wednesday night and I didn't want to miss it.  I also used the opportunity to pick up a few extra groceries.
Our regular goaltender was unable to make it to the game.  I called on 13 goalies, before I finally found one that was available to play for us.  Turned out he was a young guy, that played Junior B hockey.  He was probably too good for our level of play, but he never really got seriously tested in the game.  We held the Mighty Ducks to just 13 shots on goal, and won the game 8 to 1.
On Thursday morning I headed back out to the cottage.  I made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up some supplies and made it back out to the cottage by mid-afternoon.  Annelise did just fine on her own.  
When I arrived the crew was working on the guest cottage.  They had spread out the gravel in the basement, waterproofed the foundation, installed the rim boards, and set the water tank.

No comments: