Monday, July 19, 2021

Construction Progess

I was unable to be out at Nordegg on Monday July 12th but I understand that Scott and his crew went ahead with the concrete pour of the foundation for my guest cottage.  I'm told that everything went well and that there were no issues.  Once that concrete sets and cures a little, the crew will be able to proceed.  There is gravel to be spread inside the foundation, and the interior exposed styrofoam insulation needs to be covered with Gypsum Board sheathing.  The water tank can then be placed in the crawl space, and the weeping tile can be installed around the outside perimeter.  Basic backfilling will likely follow after which the framers can start on the subfloor.
I hope to be back out there at Nordegg once they get going on the framing.  Once we get to that point, things should progress pretty quickly.
We finally got approval from the Provincial Government to opt out of the New Home Warranty Program.  As I am acting as my own general contractor, and will not be selling this residence for at least ten years, we have the option to opt out.  That comes with a $750 administration fee, but at least that is a lot less than the warranty would cost.  With that authorization now in place, we are able to finalize our building permit and proceed with construction.





No comments: