Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Back in Nordegg

I spent a week at home in the city, catching up on a bunch of chores and errands.  I loaded up our Side-by-Side onto the utility trailer and hauled it home on July 9th.  I parked it out at my mother's acreage over the weekend, and then took it in to the Honda dealer for service on July 12th.
While I was home I got caught up on a bunch of paperwork and bills.  My friend Arturo and I went out for a photo day trip on July 11th.  The Side-by-Side went in, and I also got the power window on my truck repaired under warranty.  I played hockey twice, and then picked up groceries for the return trip to Nordegg.
On Friday July 16th I got up early and picked up my utility trailer from my Mom's place.  Then I went home and packed all my gear and groceries into the truck.  Annelise and I headed out together.  We made a brief stop at the Honda dealer and picked up the Side-by-Side.  We also stopped in Rocky Mountain House and picked up 90 pine seedlings that I had ordered from Clearwater County.  We finally made it out to the cottage by about 3:30 in the afternoon.
We didn't do a lot on Friday.  We installed a new glass windshield on the Side-by-Side, that I had picked up from the dealer.  I previously had a plastic one installed, that I made myself.  But the plastic seemed to attract dirt, and you couldn't really clean it without scratching it.  Visibility through it became an issue, so I switched over to the factory glass one.  Later that evening we had a BBQ and then watched a movie.
On Saturday morning we headed out into the yard and planted 30 of the pine seedlings.  Then we went out for a ride on some of the local trails in the Side-by-Side.  Later still we installed a fabric roof onto the Side-by-Side.  I had bought this a couple of years ago, and never got around to installing it before.
Sunday was kind of a lazy day.  Anna slept in late, and then we worked on her bunk bed for a while.  All of the parts are now made, sanded and stained.  We just have to attach the folding desk top to one of the end panels, and then we are ready to start applying lacquer to everything.  Sunday was much cooler than it has been in quite some time.  The temperature only made it up to about 18C.  The was a cold wind blowing out of the east that made it really uncomfortable.  The smoke from all the forest fires in BC was not bad for the first couple of days, but on Sunday it really became socked in.  We were really hoping for some rain to wash some of the smoke from the sky, and freshen up the extremely dry conditions.







No comments: