Monday, July 5, 2021

Back to the Rink

The Renegades played two hockey games during the week of June 21.  We played on Monday the 21st, and then again on Wednesday the 23rd.  We have been matched up with three other teams in the second lowest division.  The team that beat us so soundly in the first game of the season were moved up to a higher division.  On Monday we fell behind by a score of 6-1, but rallied back and made it really close.  It was 6-5 when we pulled our goalie with seconds remaining, and almost scored.  But it ended officially as a 6-5 loss.  This was against a team called the Party Sharks.
One the 23rd, my anniversary, we played again against a team called the Mighty Ducks.  We fell behind in this one as well, but rallied back again, and this time tied it in regulation, 6-6.  There was no score in the overtime period so the game remained a tie.
There were two more games in the last week of June, but I missed them both as I was out at Nordegg.  I understand that only about seven players were able to show up for the first one.  This was on June 29th, against a team called the Patriots.  The guys tell me that it was a hard fought game, but they hung on for the win.
The last game of June was on the 30th, and the guys won that one too.  Maybe I should stay away from the rink as it seems the team wins when I am not there...!

No comments: