Saturday, July 10, 2021

The Camera Comes Out

On July 6th Anna and I went out for an evening ATV ride.  I brought the 4x5 along with me, as this was the first opportunity I had for some photography since we arrived at the cottage in late June.  The trails were muddier than we had seen for quite some time, as a shower dumped a millimeter or two of rain just before we headed out.  After riding around for a bit, we stopped by the old store below the town site.  This is one of only four original buildings that remain in the townsite.  I set up the 4x5 here and took a shot of the old building.  The roof is badly deteriorated and it seems it is not long for this world.  Then we moved a little further along the trail and I stopped to do a second set up.  This was a view of the Bighorn Range to the west, with an old fence in the foreground.  I shot this with the intention of cropping the image to panoramic format.  I'm not sure that either of these will be something that I invest the time and materials in to print, but it was great to finally get out an do a little shooting once again.







No comments: