Monday, September 2, 2024

SCA 56th Juried Exhibition

A couple of months back I entered three of my photographs into the Society of Canadian Artists 56th Annual juried Exhibition.  It was my understanding that only elected members of the Society were permitted to submit their work.  Though now, I'm not certain if that was the case and it may have been an open submission.  In any event, I have been an elected member for several years, so  I entered the competition.  Two of the three photographs that I submitted were accepted.
This time around it is an online exhibition, so there was no need for me to frame prints and ship them anywhere.  In the past I exhibited actual prints at exhibitions in Ontario and Quebec.
The two photographs that were accepted are attached below.  The first is a shot of a nearly century old car that was abandoned and forgotten in west central Alberta.  The second was a shot of some piles in Union Bay, British Columbia that once supported a coal loading dock.  I have included a link to the online exhibition.

https://societyofcanadianartists.com/56th-sca-juried-online-exhibition/?doing_wp_cron=1725153633.9996299743652343750000




No comments:

Post a Comment