Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Back to the Coal Mine... Again....

On September 9th I spent another wonderful day exploring at the Nordegg Historic Mine Site.  Whitney, the manager of the site for Clearwater County, allowed me in and gave me permission to photograph.  This site is of historic significance and must be protected.  Visitors are only allowed by guided tour.  I really appreciate that I am given access to photograph this valuable historic resource.
I spent the day photographing at the hoist house, the rotary dumper, some of the equipment scattered about outdoors, and in the wash house.  I know I came away with some great images and really look forward to developing all of the film I've recently shot here, and sharing some of that work.
The tours for visitors came to an end on the Labor Day Long weekend, though there was a University Group in on a private tour, while I was there.  Things are winding down for the season and at some point in the not too distant future the site will be locked up for the winter.  I'm glad I've had the opportunity to get in and photograph when I did.  I've included a handful of phone snapshots that I took on this day while I was exploring with my big view camera.  I came away with about 30 sheets of exposed film and will share some of that work in the future, once I get around to processing the film.









No comments:

Post a Comment