Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Alberta Views Magazine

I was approached by the Art Director of "Alberta Views" magazine.  She saw my photo on Flickr, and asked permission to use it in their publication.
Alberta Views is a monthly general interest magazine covering the arts, culture and politics of Alberta.  It is a print magazine, now in the 26th year of continuous publication.  They have a print run of around 10,000 copies.
They have an article coming up in the November issue about water and drought and want to use my photograph.  I took this shot back in August of 2017, down in the badlands of the Red Deer River Valley.  This is not far from East Coulee.  I shot it with my Ebony view camera and a wide Nikkor 65mm lens.  The film was the now discontinued Fuji Neopan Acros 100, rated at 80 iso, and developed in Rodinal 1:50 for 11:00 minutes, at 24C.
I provided the use of my photo at no charge, but requested a photo credit and a copy of the magazine.




No comments:

Post a Comment