Sunday, September 8, 2024

Old Store - Foma Retropan 320 Soft

A little while back I processed a batch of 4" x 5" sheet film.  It was Foma Retropan 320 Soft, and I developed it in Ilford Microphen Developer, 1:1, for 15:00 minutes at 24C.  I know from experience that this combination yields very pronounced grain.  I suppose I should try the film in a different developer and see if I like the results any better.  I don't do a lot of shooting with this film and am just learning where it might be suitable.
This shot is an old abandoned store in a small town in central Alberta.  I shot this way back on July 23rd of 2023, at about 4:00 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a Schneider 135mm lens.  A #25 Red filter lowered the value of the sky and added some separation from the clouds.  The filter also deepened the shadows a little which in turn added a little contrast.  The soft, grainy look of this film is OK with a subject such as this.....
The exposure was F22.0 and a shutter speed of 1/2 second.



No comments:

Post a Comment