Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Makin' Lasagna...!

Go big or go home I always say...!   On November 15th I made a big batch of Lasagna.  Originally I was going to do four pans, but I had enough ingredients left to do two more, so I made a total of six.  One will be baked tonight... for dinner.  The other five will be wrapped up and frozen for future quick meals.  Actually they aren't all that quick because they are frozen solid and they need to be taken out and defrosted somewhat in advance.  But, once defrosted, they bake fairly quickly.
I used 3-1/2 pounds of ground beef, three cans of diced tomatoes, one can of tomato paste, three jars of pasta sauce, three tubs of Ricotta cheese, 2 bunches of spinach, three bunches of fresh basil, three boxes of lasagna noodles and four pounds of grated cheese.  These are way better than any frozen lasagna you can buy in the store.
Hank was hanging around all afternoon while I made them... looking for any spills.  He found a few too...!




No comments: