Saturday, November 12, 2022

A Long Stay in Nordegg

I stayed up at the cottage in Nordegg until Tuesday November 8th.  By the end of my stay I was kind of running out of things to work on, and getting anxious to get back home.  It was really cold too....!  The snow just kept coming down and by the time I left there was close to a foot.  And the night before my departure the temperature dropped down to around -25C.  I made sure and plugged my truck in that night so I wouldn't have any issues starting it the next morning.
I manged to get the range hood mounted.  The bracket that I made worked OK, and I found some small machine screws and nuts that I could use in place of the metric ones I was missing.  I also mounted my stainless steel duct enclosure.  With this all in place I was able to energize the circuit in the kitchen that included the range hood and two light fixtures.  Everything works just fine.
Then I built bases for the kitchen cabinets.  I put one in place, but there is a pile of lumber in the way right now that doesn't allow me to put the second one in place.  These bases will be anchored to the floor and are needed so that I can install floor tiles up to them.
Next time I come out I'll move the range, which will allow me to finish the subfloor, which will clear the lumber out of my way, and allow me to install the second cabinet base.  Then I will also be able to install the stainless steel backsplash below the range hood.  With the bases in place I will be able to start installation of the floor tiles.  Once some of the floor tiles are installed I will be able to move the range into final position.  These little jobs are all so inter-related... as well as dependent on having the correct supplies on hand.
I also need to bring out some additional lumber so that I can start on construction of the interior doors and jambs.  It would be nice if I could finish these, and paint everything, before I get too far into the installation of flooring.  Always good to avoid spilling paint on a new floor, though I will put tarps down to protect against this.











No comments: