Saturday, November 26, 2022

Color Transparencies

On November 23rd I ran a batch of E-6 chemistry on my Jobo Processor.  This is the process used to develop color transparency film.  Back in the day many of us shot color slides with our 35mm cameras.  This is the same process that was used for slides, only in my case I am using it to process 4" x 5" sheet film.  I gotta say, those big transparencies, when properly exposed and viewed on a light table, just explode to life.  Bigger 8x10's are even more impressive, though I didn't process any of that size this time around.
The chemistry kits are hard to find.  Shipment across the border from the USA is restricted since 9-11 and I have to purchase the kit through a Canadian supplier... of which there aren't very many....
I posted these two images on my blog in the past, but in B&W.  It is kind of interesting to see them now in color, as they look quite different.  The first one is a shot of Blackmud Creek near my home.  It was taken on Fujichrome Velvia 100F in late September of 2021.  I used my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a 125mm Fujinon lens with no filter.
The second one is a shot of ice forming in Shunda Creek near my cottage.  It was also taken on Fujichrome Velvia 100F.  This one was taken in mid-Novermber of 2021.  I used my Ebony SV45TE view camera and 200mm Nikkor lens with no filter.
I've included the B&W versions of these two images here for comparison.....







No comments: