Saturday, November 19, 2022

Service Station

Since I returned home from Nordegg in early November I have been seriously working on catching up on my backlog of unprocessed film.  Recently I developed the last remaining negative from 2020.  I checked my 2021 file, and of the 353 4x5 B&W negatives that I shot, 41 remain to be processed.  In 2022 I have been shooting at a record pace and my negative count for the year so far is over 600.  I haven't counted, but I suspect I've processed about half of them.
Since early October I've processed 280 sheets of film, and will continue with a few more batches in the coming days.  Most of this has been with my Jobo Processor.  Once I have the unit set up in my darkroom I like to process all the film that I have that requires it, and then put it away for a while.

This shot was taken down in Crowsnest Pass when Margarit and I were down there in late September, with Chris and Connie, for the Beer Parlor Project.  This old Art Deco Building was once a service station called Arctic Gas.  I shot this with my Ebony view camera and a wide-ish 90mm lens.  It was taken on Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 film, and processed normally in PMK developer for 9:35 minutes at 20C.  PMK is a staining pyro developer, and one of the processes that I need to do on the Jobo.



No comments: