Monday, October 24, 2022

Perogies

On Thanksgiving Monday, for some reason, I felt compelled to make a batch of perogies.  It's not that we needed them for Thanksgiving, as we already had our dinner the day before.  I ordered a pasta roller online and it had arrived a week or so prior.  And back in early September, at Nordegg Days, I attended a perogy making workshop.  This was to be the day that I would give it a try.
I followed the recipe that we had been given at the workshop and mixed up a full batch of the dough.  I boiled some potatoes to make the filling, and mixed half with cottage cheese and the other half with cheddar cheese.  Then I spent a couple of hours filling all the perogies and getting them into the freezer.  I never did an exact could but made somewhere around a hundred of them.  One of these days we will have some of them for a meal, and I will provide a review.



No comments: