Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Open House at the Rock

The "Rock" is a gift shop in East Coulee.  It is part of our Dinosaur Valley Studios operation.  This year was just sort of a test... to get the shop set up... and to see how much interest there is, and what products might sell.  All of the items on display and available to purchase, are produced by Dinosaur Valley Studios.
On Saturday October 15th we hosted an open house.  I was in attendance as some of my photographs are for sale in the shop, and because I'm a shareholder of the company.  The weather was beautiful for mid October and we had a good turnout.  We estimate that about a hundred people dropped by during the course of the afternoon.
Later and into the evening a bunch of us hung around outside at the shop, and had a fire.  We stayed up until the wee hours, sharing some drinks and snacks and just visiting.  Eventually I turned in and crashed for the night in my trailer, which is stored in the yard beside the shop.
On Sunday, after a bit of a rough start, I hung around the shop all day and helped Frank.  He had a location manager and artistic director from a film production company coming by.  They hired us to customize an old Ford pickup for a prop in an film they were shooting in the area.  It was a crew out of Quebec and I understand it was a french language film.  The truck was a rusty old Ford F150 of about 2000 vintage.  We had to cut and weld a bunch of steel to the truck and spent the day doing that.  On Sunday evening I headed out into the hills with my view camera and took a few shots of the badlands in evening light.  In hindsight I should have headed out a bit earlier, as the light was over and done with before I shot all I could have.
On Monday morning I got up and after visiting with Frank for a bit, I hit the road for home.









No comments: