Saturday, October 29, 2022

Coke Ovens

This is a shot from the trip to Crowsnest Pass in September.  Margarit joined me on that trip and we met up with Chris and Connie to explore a couple of locations for the Beer Parlor Project.  On September 24th, our oldest daughter Hailey's 20th birthday, we hiked up to the ghost town of Lille.  It was a 6km round trip, with a couple of steep slopes.  In the heat of the day it was a bit of a challenge packing heavy camera gear and my big wood tripod.  
I really like this shot of the abandoned Coke ovens, so that makes the hike worth the effort.  I'm told that the mine closed down around 1913... before the first World War.   One of the interpretive signs at the site referred to these as the Bernard Ovens...
I shot this on Fuji Neopan Acros 100 with my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a Rodenstock 90mm lens.  I used a #8 Yellow filter to deepen the sky value a little, and increase contrast.  Development was in Rodinal 1:50 for 11:00 minutes.



No comments: