Thursday, June 16, 2022

Friday out Shooting

I got up on the morning of Friday June 10th, having arrived in Nordegg the evening before.  Following the successful delivery of prints to the Leighton Art Center, I now had some time to myself.
The forecast was calling for really nice weather for Friday, after which things would deteriorate into some days of rain.  I thought I would take advantage of the nice weather and get out for a little while with my camera.  It was warm with mostly sunny skies and the temperature peaked at around 24C.
I decided to head over to nearby Shunda Creek, not far from Beaverdam Lake.  I had shot here in the past, and in fact have a scan of the film image from that visit on my blog this month.  With the conditions relatively dry, I thought I might be able to better access the old beaverdam.  It was wetter than it had been on my previous visit, which must have been earlier in the spring?  But I managed to get access to the creek and the beaver pond and actually set up the view camera four times.
Later in the day an old friend reached out to me.  Paul used to play hockey with me on the Renegades.  He was out at Nordegg for the weekend, hosting a bachelor party for his son.  They had rented one of the cottages in the subdivision.  Paul gave up on hockey and pursued baseball and fishing in its place.  He was anxious to get out to do a little fishing.  So, I took him down to Shunda Creek for a little while.  We didn't have any luck there so we moved on to one of the stocked trout ponds along the Trunk Road.  I managed to catch one reasonable sized rainbow trout.  I understand that the next day Paul went back there and caught his limit.








No comments: