Monday, June 6, 2022

510 Pyro Developer - Kodak T-Max 100 - Old Yard

I shot this image with my 4x5 view camera in October of 2021.  I shot it with the intention of cropping the image to panoramic proportions.  I think this works well.  I used a 200mm lens and a #8 yellow filter.  That clear fall light is really nice and the film/developer combination did a nice job of rendering some smooth tonalities.
For years I struggled with T-Max 100 film.  Every developer that I tried it in yielded, for the most part, flat and lifeless images with little tonality.  Many times over the years I gave up on this film.  But for some reason I kept coming back to it and trying it again.  Finally I found 510 Pyro developer, which brings this film alive.  This has become one of my favorites, and I use it extensively now.



No comments: