Saturday, June 25, 2022

Bosc Pears

I found some cool Bosc Pears at the grocery store the other day.  Some were a little misshapen, and they all had nicely curved stems.  I had been checking every time I went to the store, and this time around I found what I was looking for.  I brought home a half dozen, and the next day I set about posing and photographing them.  I've had this project in mind for quite some time and was just waiting for the right opportunity.  
I set up a white paper backdrop outside on the patio and photographed them under natural daylight.  It was a little challenging as the skies were partly cloudy, and light conditions kept changing.  I shot three setups with both my 4x5 and 8x10 view camera.  I also took these snapshots with my phone.  I look forward to processing the film to see how the Black and White shots turned out.
I call the first one "Gossip", the second one "Orator" and the third one "Victim"...





No comments: