Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Neopan Acros 100 in Rodinal - Nautilus

I recently processed a batch of 20 sheets of Fuji Neopan Acros film.  Unfortunately this film has been discontinued in sheet format, and is now only available in rolls.  It was one of my favorite films and I will ration the remaining 4" x 5" sheets that I have left.  I processed the film in Rodinal Developer, diluted 1:50, for 11:00 minutes at 24C.  I find that this gives about a half stop of contrast increase over normal development.
I shot this image in August of 2020 when the girls and I took a trip down to Red Rock Coulee in southern Alberta.  I call this fractured concretion "The Nautilus" as it sort of resembles the sea creature of the same name.  I took the shot from a nearby rise with a 500mm telephoto lens.  I added a #25 Red Filter to increase contrast.  I shot this several times before and seem to be drawn to it every time that I hike in the natural area.



No comments: