Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Printing for BP

Since it was snowing all day on April 5th I decided to spend the afternoon in the darkroom.  I made a bunch of prints for the Beer Parlour Project.  I printed four different negatives from BP 8.0.  This was our visit to the Fanny Bay Inn out on Vancouver Island, last October.  Here are a couple of snapshots from the darkroom, as I worked on those prints.  The first is obviously under the safelight, and it shows the still light sensitive prints in the process of going through the stop bath and being fixed.  The second shot was later, and shows the prints in room light.  Here they are in the process of being cleared and toned.
I promised Ken and Sebastien, the subjects in the photos, that I would send them some prints.  I also promised that I would send some to the Inn.  Our server that day was a young lady named Starr, and she was particularly helpful in getting our subjects to cooperate.  So I'll include a couple of extra prints in case she wants one too.  I hope to finish these and get them mounted and matted in the next week or so, and then get them on the way.




No comments: