Sunday, March 31, 2024

Quiet Nook School - Ilford Delta 100 in PMK

The old saying certainly did not hold true this year.  March came in like a lion and went out like a lion, not like a lamb as it was supposed to.  There were a few REALLY mild days in between, but most of the month was pretty crappy.  It was cloudy and overcast most of the time, with a bunch of snow off and on.  Except for a couple of days where we hit record high temperatures, most of the month was below average.  
I have been anxious to get outside with my camera and do some shooting, but with the poor weather, and ugly spring like conditions, I didn't bother.  Old dirty snow and brown, drab conditions are not very photogenic.  Instead, I spent most of the last month developing my backlog of exposed film.  Since back in February I have been running everything that I could, on my Jobo processor.
This included the batch that I ran on the day of the Leap Year, February 29th.  This was a batch of 18 sheets of 4" x 5" Ilford Delta 100, given  normal development in PMK.  
This is a shot of an old one room school house, that was called the Quiet Nook School.   It is part of a now closed historic museum that included a collection of old buildings.  We had permission to enter the property and photograph what remained.  Since our visit many of the buildings have been cleaned out, and some moved away to other museums.
I took this shot on August 16th 2022 at about 11:15 in the morning.  I used my Ebony view camera and a wide 90mm lens.  No filter was used as any possible option would have made little difference.  The exposure was F20.0 and a shutter speed of 4 seconds.




No comments: