Monday, March 18, 2024

Hemlocks

Another negative from the recently processed batch.  Once again, this is Tri-X Pan 320 4" x 5" sheet film, given N+1 Development in PMK.  I ran the film for 16:40 minutes at 20C on my Jobo Processor.
This shot is from the Vancouver Island trip last fall.  It was a rainy day and Chris and I ventured out and got wet, while Arturo stayed behind in the rental house and did some online work.  In the afternoon we found ourselves in the forest at Englishman River Falls Provincial Park.  This was a conscious attempt on our part to stay out of the open and hopefully not get too wet.  It didn't really work as by the end of the day the camera gear was all soaked and so were we.
I shot this on October 24th 2023 at about 3:00 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a slightly wide Fujinon 125mm lens.  A number 8 yellow filter raised the value of the maple leaves.  I think this worked quite well and I may take a stab at printing it someday.  It could possibly be considered for the Apparitions project given the fact that there is a fence visible in the background?



No comments: