Monday, March 11, 2024

Father of the Year

In an attempt to secure my position for the Father of the Year award, I took another of my daughters out drinking with me to a small town hotel tavern.  This time around it was my oldest daughter Hailey, age 21, that came along with me.
We left the city on the morning of March 8th and headed out to Lamont.  I had to stop at the newspaper office there and pick up a couple of copies of the Lamont Leader from February 14th.  This is the one that included the article about the Beer Parlour Project and our visit to the Victoria Hotel in Bruderheim.
After that we just drove around for a while, looking for things to point the cameras at.  We did find a couple of old school houses, as well as a pile of old vehicles, and managed to take a few photographs.  I don't think I captured anything spectacular, but will probably return later in the spring once the snow is gone.
We made a stop at a small town hotel tavern and had lunch and a couple of beers.  Last time I did this with my other daughter Anna, my colleague Chris nominated me for the father of the year award.  This time around I thought I'd try again.  I was scouting this location for the Beer Parlour Project.  I made some introductions to the owners and we are going to try and arrange for a formal visit the next time we are in the area.  Stay tuned for the announcement on where and when that will be.










No comments: