Thursday, March 7, 2024

The Casket

This shot is another from the batch of Kodak Tri-X Pan 320, given normal development in PMK, and processed on my Jobo.  I processed this batch of 4" x 5" sheet film on February 20th and development was for 9:35 minutes at 20C.  This shot was taken in the undertakers building at the same museum as the previous shot of the old church.  The museum is now closed and sits on private property.  We had permission from the landowner to photograph the remaining structures and artifacts.  That was some time ago, and much of what was there at the time has now been removed.
I shot this image on August 16th 2022 at about 1:30 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a wide 75mm lens.  A filter would not have made any appreciable difference, so none were used.  I had to use a small lens aperture to provide adequate depth of field.  I wanted the photographs on the corner of the foreground table as well as the background door to all be in focus.  The exposure was F32.0 for 50 seconds.  Fortunately the subject was completely stationary and the long exposure was not an issue.  The staining pyro developer nicely retained some detail in the highlights around the door as the subject brightness range was quite long.



No comments: