Saturday, March 23, 2024

Sanitorium

Yet another scan from the most recent batch.  This is Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 4" x 5" sheet film, run on my Jobo Processor, in PMK Developer.  This one is from the batch on that I ran on February 26th and gave N+1 Development.... thats 16:40 minutes of development at 20C.
I selected plus development for this image as the light was rather flat and dull.  Although I think the increase in contrast improved the image, the dull and gloomy mood that is imparted here, is very fitting of the subject.  This is an abandoned sanatorium near Kamloops, British Columbia.  I stopped to photograph here with my friends Chris and Arturo, when we were on our way home from Vancouver Island.  The site is privately owned and access is not permitted.  There was security staff present when we were there, and they were OK with us taking a few photographs from the road, but we were not allowed to enter the property.  I understand that the site is slated for demolition and is scheduled to become a residential development.
I shot this one on November 1st at about 9:45 in the morning.  I used a longer 200mm lens to get in a little tighter on the building.  No filter was considered or used as there was very little color in the subject under these flat lighting conditions.



No comments: