Sunday, March 17, 2024

Ford Cove Rocks - Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 in PMK

This is another negative from the batch of Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 4" x 5" processed on my Jobo in PMK Developer.  This is the batch that I ran on February 25th, that was given one stop expanded [N+1] development. 
These eroded rocks are on Hornby Island.  This particular spot is right beside the marina at Ford Cove where I shot the previous images of the Tug Boat and La Fille.  I took this photograph on October 22nd 2023 at about 10:30 in the morning.  I used a long 250mm lens to get in tight on the eroded formation and create some compression between the foreground and background rocks.  A #25 Red Filter bumped up the contrast even more than was already expected from the extended developed.  A small aperture of F41.0 was needed to hold focus from the foreground to the background.  Fortunately the rocks weren't moving and the resulting long exposure of 1/2 second was not an issue.



No comments: