Thursday, April 4, 2024

Lookout Creek - Ilford Delta 100 in PMK

This is a scan of another of the 4" x 5" negatives that I processed on the day of the Leap Year, February 29th.  I set up my Jobo Processor and ran a batch of Ilford Delta 100 4" x 5" Sheet Film.  This batch received Normal Development, 11:45 minutes at 20C, in PMK Developer.  The 18 sheets in this batch included images taken in 2022, 2023 and 2024.
Margarit and I were out for a day trip on a beautiful day last fall.  We headed north from Nordegg on the Forestry Trunk Road, and then turned west on the Chungo Road.  We made a few stops that afternoon along the Blackstone River, Chungo Creek, and here along Lookout Creek.  It was sunny and mild, and the water in the creek was getting low, as it normally does in the fall.  I saw a large school of trout darting around, and it made me wish I'd brought my fly rod with me.  
I took this photograph on October 8th 2023 at about 12:30 in the afternoon.  I shot this with my friend Rob's old view camera, which I bought from him, and which now takes up residence permanently at our cottage.  I used a slightly long 180mm lens, and fitted it with a #8 Yellow Filter.  The filter brought up the value of the fall grasses, and deepened the sky a little.  The exposure was F18.0 for 1/8 second.



No comments: