Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Ice Formations, Beaverdam - Ilford Delta 100 in PMK

This is the last of my scans from the batch of Ilford Delta 100 that I processed on the day of the Leap Year.  It is also the first of the sheets that I shot in the new year, 2024.  I gave these 18 sheets of 4" x 5" sheet film normal development for 11:45 minutes, at 20C, in PMK Developer, on my Jobo Processor.
This is a shot of the ice formations on Shunda Creek, at the spot where the creek spills out of Beaverdam Lake.  This is about a ten minute drive away from my cottage.  I shot this on January 2nd 2024 at about 1:30 in the afternoon.  I remember that it was a really mild and pleasant day, though down in the shade, by the open water, it was very humid and cold.  I fitted a long 300mm lens on my Ebony view camera in order to get in a little tighter on the ice formations.  A small aperture of F64.0 accomplished two goals.  It held depth of field from near to far, and also permitted a long 8 second exposure the nicely blur the water.  I think the rocks and ice stand out really crisply against that soft flowing water.



No comments: