Friday, April 19, 2024

Outlaws - Beer Parlor Project - BP 4.1 Big Valley

These are scans of the last two negatives from the batch of Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 4" x 5" that I processed back on March 2nd.  Development was for normal contrast, in PMK, for 9:35 minutes at 20C. 
I took these photographs on our return visit to Big Valley.  This was for the Beer Parlour Project, and we wanted to do this shot of the Reynolds Raiders.  This local family are the group of outlaws that ride up to the steam train on horseback, and rob the passengers.  The building is their own private "Saloon" where they hang out before and after the robbery, and keep their horses corralled.
I shot these images, one immediately after the other, on July 22nd 2023, at about 4:00 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a long 240mm lens, with no filter.  The exposure was F20.0 and a shutter speed of 1/60 second.  In hindsight I should have given a little more exposure.  The outlaws further back in the shadows are little underexposed.  




No comments: