Thursday, April 11, 2024

Coolers

Back on March 2nd I continued with developing yet another batch of film on my Jobo Processor.  This time around it was the last of my exposed sheets of Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 in 4" x 5" format, that required development in PMK.  This batch was given normal development, which is 9:35 minutes at 20C.
This shot was taken at the Turner Valley Gas Plant, last summer.  Arturo and I booked an all day private tour of the site, and photographed it for our Apparitions project.  I'm not sure exactly what the function of this apparatus is, but our guides referred to them as coolers.  I think I ended up with a couple of pretty good shots from our tour, and hopefully one of them ends up being included in Apparitions.  Our wives were along for the four day trip and we really enjoyed touring around southern Alberta together. 
I took this shot on June 17th 2023, at around 12:30 in the afternoon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a wide-ish 110mm lens, with no filter.  The exposure was F18.0 with a shutter speed of 1 second.



No comments: