Thursday, April 25, 2024

Print Finishing

Margarit travelled down to East Coulee to spend a few days with Hailey.  I stayed behind in Edmonton and was the head Girl-Herder for the other two.  Helena had to be shuffled to and from school, and then there was groceries, household chores and cooking to look after.
Over the weekend of April 19, 20 and 21, I spent some time down in my darkroom, finishing a bunch of prints.  I had about a dozen 8" x 10" copies of the photographs that I took in Fanny Bay last fall.  These were from the 8th stop on the Beer Parlour Project Tour... or BP 8.0 as we call it.  I promised that I would send these to the hotel and to the subjects of the portraits.  I had a whole bunch of offcuts of matboard, the window cutouts from larger prints, and these were the perfect size for these small 8x10's.  So I cut mounts and matts for everything, drymounted all the prints, packaged them up, and shipped them off to Vancouver Island.
Then I set about framing a couple of pieces.  This utilized the frame stock that I cut when I was out at Nordegg the last time.  I have one small color print, the photograph taken by Connie, from BP 9.1.  It is a portrait of Willy, one of the patrons at the Victoria Hotel in Bruderheim.  The hotel owners asked me to frame it for them, so they could present it as a gift to Willy.  
I also framed the panoramic print of the forest along the Blackstone River, that I printed some time ago.  I had this one already mounted and matted, and it just needed to be fitted into a frame.  That was one of the frames that I cut out at Nordegg, and now that this one is done, it can go back to the cottage to be displayed there.
While I was at it I cut a mount and a matt for a poster that I had laying around from Procession West.  This was a travelling gallery show that I did together with my friend Rob Michiel.  Over a period of about four years this show toured to about ten different galleries.  This poster featured one of my images, and was a nice reminder of the project, so I will display it in one of our cottages.  This was sort of a last minute decision so I will have to cut a frame for it next time I'm out at Nordegg.







No comments: