Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Prairie Cemetery

This is the last scan from the batch of Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 4" x 5" sheet film.  This batch was run on February 26th on my Jobo Processor.  Development was N+1 in PMK, for 16:40 minutes at 20C.
This shot is from a trip to southern Alberta.  Margarit and I travelled for four days with our friends Sharon and Arturo.  We visited the Turner Valley Gas Plant, and then continued south to the Lethbridge area.  We found this old cemetery out on the prairie, not far from the Sweetgrass Hills.  Those hills are mostly over the border in Montana.
I took this photograph on June 21st 2023 at about 5:00 in the afternoon.  The moody sky makes the shot, in my opinion, and adds to the feel of the image.  I shot this with my Ebony view camera and a 135mm lens.  A #25 Red Filter increased separation in the sky, and bumped up the contrast a little.  The plus development further increased the contrast.



No comments: