Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Un-Named Waterfall

My friend Jon came out to Nordegg with me on October 20th.  Jon understands electrical a little better than I do, and volunteered to give me a hand finishing the electrical rough in.  On Thursday the 21st we decided to take advantage of a favorable weather forecast and headed out for a hike.  We left the electrical work for the next day, which was not forecast to be nearly as mild.
We drove west into the mountains and hiked in to a waterfall.  I had been here previously, but didn't spend much time then.  This time around we spent a couple of hours photographing the waterfall.  The flow is quite low at this late point in the season and we were able to wander around among the boulders that are probably submerged during times of high water.  I was shooting with my 4x5 view camera and Jon was shooting digital with a Nikon mirrorless camera.  It was a little cool when we first arrived but as the sun got higher in the sky, it warmed up nicely.
I think we both got some pretty good images and I've included a bunch of phone snapshots here.














No comments: