Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Ten and Ten equals Twenty

When I got up in Nordegg on the morning on Thursday October 14th it was very cold.  The skies had cleared overnight and the stars were phenomenal before the sun came up.  As day broke I noticed that there was much of the snow that fell last night, still on the ground.  We got about half an inch or so.  The temperature was -10C, so nothing was melting.  By lunch time the sun had really warmed things up, and into the early afternoon the temperature rose to +10C.  A difference of 20 degrees in about six hours.  Conditions sure are extreme here in the mountains at this time of year.
Once it had warmed up a bit I worked for a few hours in the guest cottage.  I got the electrical rough in done just about as far as I can go.  I did apply for my electrical permit this morning, and hope to get the rough in work inspected in the next week or two.  Once that happens I will be able to start insulating.
The next night it didn't get nearly as cold... only down to about +2C.  During the day the temperature again rose to +10C.  It was a very nice day but without the extremes of the day before.  I got an earlier start due to the milder temperatures and spent the day working on the guest cottage.  I have almost all of the electrical rough in done now.  I realized I used the wrong type of wire in the circuit of the smoke detectors, and will have to change that.  But I did get more than half of the home runs routed back to the panel, and most of the wire and boxes are on for the remaining circuits.  It won't take long to finish up now...!
I decided to stay in Nordegg for one extra day, and put in a few more hours on the electrical rough in.  I got one more home run routed back to the panel.  And I got the wire for the smoke detectors changed over to the proper one.  I ran a cable to the second exterior yard light, and tied in some of the boxes in the bathroom and the living room.  There really is not much left to go.  








No comments: