Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Windows are In

The five windows and the door were installed at the guest cottage on October 5th.  The building is now weathertight.  There is still a lot of cold air transfer into the building as the soffits remain open, and there is no insulation or vapor barrier.  But, I can now get started on electrical rough in.  Once that has been completed, and inspected, then I can proceed with insulation.  I'm somewhat hopeful that I can complete the electrical rough in before it gets too cold, which will allow me to insulate the place and then work inside over the colder winter months.  But I am still waiting for back-ordered materials, and it is already getting cold.  When I woke up on the morning of October 7th there was a very heavy frost on the ground and it almost looked as though it had snowed.  The temperature got down to -7C overnight, and only warmed up to about +9C the next day.  I did manage to get the door locks installed, so the place is now secured.










1 comment:

Glen Bowe said...

My wife and I stayed at a cottage on the north side of the David Thompson. I can't recall the name but I seem to recall that there are two places that have cottage rentals. We were there in February a few years ago. It was a fun weekend as we explored some of our favourite summer hikes in the winter. We then drove to the Parkway and did our first visit to Maligne Canyon in the winter. I like your photos, you have the photographer's eye.