Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Late April in Nordegg

On Friday April 26th I loaded up the four mattresses... actually two mattresses and two box springs... that we recently purchased.  These had been delivered to our house about a week ago, and we had them temporarily stored in our living room.  There sure was a lot more space once I got them out of the way.  I also brought out a few other odds and ends that we had been accumulating.  New comforters, a second bedframe, a framed photograph, etc.
It was a cool and overcast day, with a brisk wind, and it felt more like early spring than the end of April.  There had been fresh snow out at Nordegg the night before, and in the late afternoon, shortly after I arrived, it started up again.  There was a little accumulation overnight before I arrived, but by the time I got there, it was mostly gone, and what came down on Friday evening didn't stay.  Winter sure is having a hard time letting go this year.
Right after I arrived I managed to get the mattresses off the truck and stuffed into the guest cottage.  Then I settled down and made something for supper, and watched the NHL playoffs.  My Edmonton Oilers soundly defeated the Los Angeles Kings by a score of 6 to 1, to take a 2 games to 1 first round lead.
On Saturday morning I finally got around to dropping off the last couple of my Fine Art Photography calendars to a couple of neighbors that I had not been able to connect with.
After that I went to work setting up the beds and mattresses in the guest cottage.  Margarit previously bought an antique headboard and footboard for the west bedroom.  I had to make some brackets in order to jerry rig these and attach them to the modern bedframe that I previously set up.  Then I put the mattresses and a new comforter into place.  I did the same thing in the east bedroom, though we do not have a headboard for this one yet.  There are a bunch of tools and supplies that are kind of in the way in the east bedroom and I will need to get these out of the way before this space can be used.
The La-Z-Boy recliner that I brought out last time is now set up in the dinette.  I'm not sure if it can stay here, as I still need to find a spot for the old juke box that I plan to bring out next time.  This chair used to belong to my Dad when he lived in long term care.  Every time that I sit in it now I'm reminded of him.







No comments: