Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Fire Escape

This old hotel fire escape is the last of the color transparency shots that I will be posting for a while.  This is part of that same batch of film processed on March 16th in E-6 chemistry.  It is also from the same road trip that saw us visit the Turner Valley Gas Plant and Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park.
This is the vacant American Hotel in Fort McLeod.  A group of local families took over this old building and is converting it to affordable housing.  At the time of our visit last year, the roof had already been replaced, and they were starting to work on the interior.
My big view camera set up on a tripod seemed to be an attention magnet as three different individuals all stopped to see what I was doing.  It turns out that all three were part of the group that is undertaking the restoration.  I was respectful, and only photographed the building from the exterior.
I shot this one on June 22nd at about 12:00 noon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a wide 90mm lens.  Once again I used that blue/orange color polarizer to enhance the colors.  I should probably refrain from using that thing as I am liking the results less and less.  The exposure was F20.0 and a shutter speed of 1/8 second.  As with the last shot I posted, this one was also an expired sheet of Fujichrome Velvia 50, rated at 40 iso.



No comments: