Friday, April 26, 2024

Trunk Wells

This is a scan of another one of the color transparencies that I developed using my Jobo Processor, back on March 16th.  This was done using the Unicolor Rapid E-6 Chemistry.  
I used the Black and White version of this same shot on both versions of the 2024 Calendar that I put together this year.
I took both of these shots back on March 9th of 2023, at about 2:45 in the afternoon.  These are some aspen trees on my property out in Nordegg.  I was drawn to the way that the wind had drifted the snow around the trunks.  I was a little disappointed that my composition didn't capture the mood that I felt when I witnessed this.
For the color version I used a sheet of Fujichrome Velvia 50, rated at 40 iso.  I shot this with my Ebony view camera and a slightly wide Fujinon 125mm lens.  For this version I did not use any filters.  The exposure was F32.0 with a shutter speed of 1/4 second.  Like many previous color shots that I have recently posted, this sheet of film was way out of date, and expired in October of 2012.





No comments: