Monday, April 22, 2024

Three from 2022

Here are scans of three more color transparencies, from the recent batch of E-6 Chemistry that I ran on my Jobo Processor.  This was back on March 16th.  These images came out a little harsh, particularly the first two.  I'm not sure the reason for this... perhaps it was the type of film, or maybe there was color shift due to the age of the film.

The first shot was some aspen trees in fall color down in Ranchland County in southern Alberta.  The gold color of the fall leaves didn't really come through very well.  This was taken on September 25th 2022, at about 3:00 in the afternoon.  I used a long 400mm telephone lens on my Ebony view camera.  A Blue/Yellow Color polarizer was used to saturate the sky, but I think that took away from the gold of the leaves.  The exposure was F18.0 and the shutter speed was 1/8 second.  This 4x5 sheet of film was Fujichrome Velvia 50, rated at 40 iso.  The film was loaded from frozen storage in August of 2022.  It was stored refrigerated after exposure until March of 2024.  The expiry date of the film was October of 2012.


I believe that this row of trees was associated with what was once an old farm yard.  This was taken down in south central Alberta in Stettler County.  I took this shot on October 17th 2022, at about 3:00 in the afternoon.  I used a long 400mm telephone lens on my Ebony view camera.  A Blue/Yellow Color polarizer was used to saturate the sky, and I think that resulted in the banding of tones in the sky.  The exposure was F20.0 and the shutter speed was 1/4 second.  This 4x5 sheet of film was Fujichrome Velvia 50, rated at 40 iso.  The film was loaded from frozen storage in August of 2022.  It was stored refrigerated after exposure until March of 2024.  The expiry date of the film was October of 2012.


This last one was taken on the annual Fall Photo Weekend outing with the Monochrome Guild, to Jasper National Park.  Of the three shots, this one shows the most realistic colors.  Perhaps not surprisingly it was shot on a different type of film, that was not nearly so far our of date.  I took this shot on October 23rd 2022, at about 3:30 in the afternoon.  I used a moderately long 250mm lens on my Ebony view camera.  A Blue/Yellow Color polarizer was used to saturate the sky.  The exposure was F25.0 and the shutter speed was 1/8 second.  This 4x5 sheet of film was Fujichrome Velvia 100, rated at 100 iso.  The film was loaded from frozen storage in November of 2021.  It was stored refrigerated after exposure until March of 2024.  The expiry date of the film was December of 2020.



No comments: