Sunday, May 26, 2024

8x10 Scans - Grafitti

This is yet another scan of an 8" x 10" negative.  I really have not shot with this big camera as much as I should have in recent years.  I need to make a point of getting out with it more often.  I'd like to generate some "good" big negatives suitable for alternative process printing.  I have the chemistry to do Kallitype, Cyanotype and Iron Palladium prints... just need some new material to work with.  My backlog of old negatives is pretty much all developed now, and I don't have any images that I feel really strongly about.  But lots of film sitting in the freezer that needs to be used.  Time to get busy.
This one was shot on Kodak Tri-X Pan film, rated at 320 iso.  Normal development was in PMK for 9:35 minutes at 20C.  This was one of the last negatives I developed before my Jobo Processor died.
I shot this down in Crowsnest Pass.  This is the tipple of the Mohawk Mine, near Bellevue.  I took this photograph on October 13th 2021, at about noon.  I used my Chamonix 810V view camera and a slightly wide Nikkor SW 240mm lens.  The exposure was F25.0 at 1/4 second.



No comments: