Thursday, February 22, 2024

West Lawn Entrance - Essondale

This is another shot of the West Lawn Building at the Riverview Mental Hospital in Vancouver.  Originally the hospital was known as Essondale, and the name changed to Riverview years later.  This is one of the older buildings on the site, and one showing the worst deterioration.  It was used as the location for a number of horror movies over the years, and certainly looks the part.  This is the main entrance, and the building was used to house the men that were committed to the facility.  The previous shots that I posted of some large columns are these here at the entrance.  Public access is permitted up to the locked entrance door, but the remainder of the building is fenced off, and security patrols the site.
This images was shot on Kodak Tri-X Pan 4" x 5" film and is part of the batch that I recently processed in PMK Developer, on my Jobo.  I shot this on October 29th 2023, just before noon.  I used my Ebony view camera and a wide 90mm lens.



No comments: